google grousp instead of mailman!?

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Sun Jul 6 14:29:25 EDT 2014

Dominik Ruf wrote:
>    I am happy to see this new project.

Thanks!

>    One point though. Would you be open to the idea of using google groups
>    (or something similar) instead of mailman?

Speaking only for myself, I tend to prefer using Free Software tools when I
can for any given tasks, and Google Groups is certainly not Free Software.

Granted, Kallithea project is using a proprietary bugtracker and Wiki right
now, but I think that's not our long term plan.

But, that's in my mind all the more reason to not add yet another proprietary
dependency.

>    I think there should be an easy way to search the mail/discussion
>    archive.

I note that someone submitted it to Gmane just in the last few hours, so I
suspect there will be an easy way to search it.

Also, we have archives at:
   http://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/
which will presumably slowly but surely be indexed by search engines.

   -- bkuhn