Mailman and Google Groups (was Re: Code review and coverage marks)

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Mon Aug 4 12:47:26 EDT 2014

anatoly techtonik wrote at 12:09 (EDT) on Sunday:
> Also bad that Mailman doesn't have forum interface like Google Groups
> to subscribe to individual threads. Anyway..

I suspect Mailman would accept a patch for this if you write one.

Google Groups isn't Free Software; and it turned out we're already using
a lot of non-Free Software in development of Kallithea (at least, until
Kallithea has replacements for those).

While it's up to the Kallithea team (which I am not *really* on per se)
to decide if they want to use more proprietary services and software in
the development effort of Kallithea, I'd offered a Mailman list to them
on Conservancy's services as a way to host the mailing list with Free
Software.  I think they made the right decision.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn
President & Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy