Introducing a Puppet Module for Setting up Kallithea

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Aug 26 11:56:43 UTC 2015

On 08/26/2015 01:16 PM, Robert Rauch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> During the last months, I have been working on a Puppet Module for
> setting up and manging Kallithea on various Platforms (see
> https://github.com/rauchrob/puppet-kallithea). What this module
> basically does is
>
> 1. setup Python/virtualenv (using another Puppet module),
> 2. create a virtualenv for Kallithea,
> 3. initialize and manage the Kallithea ini-configuration file,
> 4. initialize Kallitheas database and
> 5. setup a `kallithea` system service, enable and start it.
>
> Since this is currently the only Kallithea module on PuppetForge, it
> seems natural to bundle any further efforts in this direction,
> eventually making this module 'officially supported' by the Kallithea
> community in the near future. This would probably help Kallithea by
>
> * simplifying the whole installation Process and
> * making Kallithea visible to a bigger audience.
>
> Please have a look at it, if you like. Any Feedback is appreciated.

That sounds great - thanks!

For us who don't know puppet, can you give a very short
completely-for-dummies description of exactly what to install, what to
run and where to look? Perhaps something like
http://docs.kallithea-scm.org/en/latest/contributing.html#getting-started .

Is this something you ultimately would like to see upstreamed or should
the docs mention it? Either way, contributions would be appreciated ;-)