Issue #253: almost duplicate records in commit history (conservancy/kallithea)

Karl Goetz issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat Nov 12 01:19:30 UTC 2016

New issue 253: almost duplicate records in commit history
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/253/almost-duplicate-records-in-commit-history

Karl Goetz:

(title is poor, feel free to change it).

I took the following steps:
- dropped a non bare git repository in my kalithea/repositories directory
- ran the scan and update tool to populate kallithea
- noticed i had committed as root, so ran an update over all records to set myself as committer
- ran the scan and update tool to populate kallithea

The repository now contains both sets of commits.

```
Revision	Commit Message	Age	Author	Refs
082e5153efc5	Floating heading works at last	2 hours and 4 minutes ago	kgoetz	master
cf0aee0873e3	Floating heading works at last	2 hours and 4 minutes ago	root
968fef58c3ef	Moved to 'stacked pills' for the human sitemap	2 days and 15 hours ago	kgoetz
e27581f0f2c4	Moved to 'stacked pills' for the human sitemap	2 days and 15 hours ago	root
```

I'm unsure what the appropriate fix is here (other than 'dont do that') since the revision has changed and I assume that is what kallithea is tracking. Is it possible to fix? if not I'll add it to my notes and move on.

thanks!