Investigating Kallithea performance issues

Adi Kriegisch adi at cg.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 21 10:11:22 UTC 2017

Hi!

> Sometimes the performance of our Kallithea instance takes a hit, such that
> page loading can take many many seconds, and it is unclear what causes this.
>
> Could you suggest ways to investigate this?
Step 1: get data. :-)

Actually one of the reasons I use uwsgi for deployment is that I get execution
times 'for free': 'generated 309 bytes in 268 msecs' or 'generated 436 bytes
in 56 msecs' including the uri and all kinds of useful information.

My setup is similar to this:
https://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/2015q1/000130.html

You may even monitor execution times or graph them or do some statistics work
on them or -- simply put -- correlate higher latency and execution time with
system or I/O load (even simple tools like sysstat/sadc/sar are sufficient to
gain insights in this regard).

Hope, this helps...

All the best,
	Adi