mercurial cloning from git bash

Ed Wong cc at pw-wspx.org
Wed Jul 19 09:01:52 UTC 2023

Hi,

I finally was able to upgrade an old Kallithea setup to the
latest version and migrated the old repositories to the
new system.  That said, I haven't setup Celery as
that requires either RabbitMQ or redis.

However, I'm having some difficulties in cloning off
a mercurial repository (based on Mozilla's mozilla-central).

I tried the following:

1)
   hg clone --debug ssh://<ip>/<repo> newrepo

 At this point, it would spew out a long list of
entries such as "add changeset <cset>"; but would
hang at some changeset and would just display
"ad"

2) hg clone --debug http://<ip>/<repo> newrepo

  Does the same thing as #1, but at one point it
dumps the following:

.
.
add changeset 5f2a7ad96962
bundle2-input-part: total payload size 85113701
transaction abort!
rollback completed
(sent 3 HTTP requests and 1287 bytes; received 19595741 bytes in response)
abort: HTTP request error (incomplete response)
(this may be an intermittent network failure; if the error persists,
consider contacting the network or server operator)

The mercurial client that comes with git bash (2.40.1)
is 5.0.2.

Might anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Ed