error while pulling changes from remote mercurial repo

Branko Majic branko at majic.rs
Sun Feb 25 13:32:58 UTC 2024

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:41:40 +0800
Ed Wong <cc at pw-wspx.org> wrote:

> I've moved a mercurial repository from an old Kallithea installation
> to a new machine (Kallithea 0.7.0) and things have been going on ok.
> (Using Python3.9 and mercurial 6.1.4)

So... I don't know what the exact issue is you are facing here, but
based on some personal experiences.... The released version of
Kallithea (0.7.0) is quite outdated from the code perspective when
compared to what is currently in the repository tip (if I got
terminology right, I'm really mainly a Git user :) ).

I've faced some misc issues myself with 0.7.0 over time, and ended-up
switching to installing "bleeding edge" code from Kallithea repository
tip itself. So, you might want to consider that as an option to see if
it solves the problems for you. Although, I'd recommend doing some
thorough testing, maybe pinning to particular commit, doing it on
separate machine before being sure it all works as expected etc.

Best regards,
Branko

--
Branko Majic
XMPP: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
XMPP: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.