error while pulling changes from remote mercurial repo

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Feb 26 23:14:34 UTC 2024

On 21/02/2024 10:41, Ed Wong wrote:
> File "/var/www/kali/venv/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/mercurial/ui.py",
> line 1299, in _writenobuf
>    dest.write(msg)
> File
> "/var/www/kali/venv/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/mercurial/utils/procutil.py",
> line 115, in write
>    c = write1(m[total_written:])
> peError: write() argument 1 must be read-only bytes-like object, not
> memoryview

That exception is quite deep inside Mercurial, in a version that is
quite old now. But also, it could perhaps be something with the WSGI
stack in your setup. It seems like you are doing something is quite
common, but the problem is not common. Something special must be
triggering it. But also, the last official release is indeed quite old.
If the problem can be reproduced and hasn't been fixed on the stable
branch, we can fix it there.

> Thinking that this might have been some compatibility issue between
> the old Kallithea managed repos and the 0.7.0, I thought I'd create
> a new repository.

In my opinion, that seems unlikely to solve the problem.

>     File
> "/var/www/kali/venv/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/celery/app/base.py",
> line 776, in send_task
>       """
>   TypeError: as_task_v2() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ignore_result'
>

> At this point, I'm kinda stuck.   I have Celery == 5.0.5.

That could seem like https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/6829 - are
you sure you are using celery 5.0.5 ?

On 25/02/2024 14:32, Branko Majic wrote:
> So... I don't know what the exact issue is you are facing here, but
> based on some personal experiences.... The released version of
> Kallithea (0.7.0) is quite outdated from the code perspective when
> compared to what is currently in the repository tip.

Yes - the stable branch is very stable ... while also supporting more
recent and bugfixed Mercurial versions, so I would recommend using that
instead of the aging latest official release.
https://kallithea.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation.html#installation-from-repository-source