Git repository for initial evaluation documents (was Re: We need a specification (and a wiki?))

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Sat May 4 08:40:38 EDT 2013

Frederic Muller - DFF wrote:
> Running a npo in US under GNUCash (who is moving to Hong Kong this year
> though) and not a developer per se, I'd love to contribute. If the decision
> to have a wiki is taken I don't mind maintain it on behalf of the project
> if needed.

Thank you so much for volunteering!  I really appreciate it.  I am still
thinking that a Git repository rather than a Wiki might be the best option
for the evaluation work.  My main reasons are that we're just not going to
have too many documents (i.e., making a Wiki somewhat of an overkill), and
frankly the offline nature of DVCS would be really helpful to me personally,
whereas most Wikis are not easily edited while offline.

That said, there are a few DVCS-based Wikis, and I'm happy to use whatever
file formats they use so that the content can easily be moved from the git
repository to the Wiki for those who prefer to see a Wiki.

Does anyone have recommendations for that type of software?  I've not used
the DVCS-based Wikis before myself.

FWIW, I've created the repository, which is, admittedly, currently empty but
I have a few things I want to put into it this weekend, so you should see at
least a few initial commits by Monday morning.  I'll use Markdown syntax for
now unless/until someone suggests a Wiki format that can be used.

The (currently empty) git repository I created is at:
   https://gitorious.org/conservancy/npo-accounting-evaluation

   -- bkuhn