Conservancy Welcomes Homebrew as a Member Project

Karen Sandler info at sfconservancy.org
Tue Feb 23 23:11:32 UTC 2016

Software Freedom Conservancy proudly announces the addition of Homebrew,
software package manager for Apple's OS X operating system as its newest
member project. Homebrew is now one of the dozens of free and open
source software projects who call Conservancy their non-profit corporate
home.

“Homebrew is excited to join Conservancy together with so many great
other open source projects that we rely on," said Mike McQuaid, Homebrew
maintainer since 2009. "Conservancy will help our project 'grow up' and
give us the stability around critical services and raised funds that we
need.” McQuaid also recorded the video here to share his thoughts on why
Homebrew is joining Conservancy, and to support Conservancy's
fundraising campaign.

The video is available at http://sfconservancy.org/videos/homebrew.ogv

“We are excited to have Homebrew join Conservancy,” said Karen M.
Sandler, Conservancy's Executive Director. "Homebrew provides a
much-needed free software package management solution for OS X users.
We're happy that they're becoming a part of the Conservancy family, and
we look forward to providing them with the infrastructure and support
they need to continue their development."