Conservancy Supporter Match Now Extended Through February

Software Freedom Conservancy info at sfconservancy.org
Tue Feb 14 15:09:31 UTC 2017

Conservancy Supporter Match Now Extended
Through February

15 Days Left to Double Your Support for Your
Favorite Free & Open Source Software Projects

The next 89 Supporters to join Conservancy by
the end of February will have their donation
doubled! Join or renew today, at
<https://sfconservancy.org/supporter/>!

After Conservancy signed up over 60
Supporters in just one week, an anonymous
donor has decided to extend their match
through the end of Conservancy's fiscal year
(ending on February 28). Our anonymous donor
says, “It's important to expand Conservancy's
base of support so that it has stable and
predictable finances. It's a bit of a
challenge to get people to pay attention to
FOSS with a new horror here in the US every
day, but free software is as important as
ever--if not more so.”

We agree with this sentiment. We work hard to
define our goals and focus on our most
important issues.

The donations you inspire convert directly to
the work that you want to see. The more
Supporters we have, the more projects we can
help with fiscal sponsorship, outreach, and
compliance work. There are dozens of projects
waiting to join Conservancy, but we don't
invite them them to join until we know that
we have the resources to help them. Our
current projects have been coming forward too
to urge Supporters to join. You can see
statements of support by many of
Conservancy's member projects, including:

* Git: <https://public-inbox.org/git/20170208183444.wlk4vjveg7cmmi5a@sigill.intra.peff.net/T/#u>
* Bro Network Security Monitor: <http://blog.bro.org/2017/02/software-freedom-conservancy-fund-drive.html>
* Twisted: <https://twitter.com/glyph/status/829874049509494784>
* Squeak: <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2017-February/193064.html>
* Outreachy: <https://twitter.com/sarahsharp/status/828599711896522753>
* Godot Game Engine: <https://twitter.com/Akien/status/830080328500965377>
* Homebrew: <https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2017/feb/02/homebrew-year-in-review/>
* Selenium: <https://twitter.com/shs96c/status/830691658622705665>

If you're already a Supporter, please spread
the word about this match to your friends and
colleagues and encourage them to sign up (or
renew early to be counted in this
match). Please post to any appropriate
mailing lists, blog and microblogging
services. Thank you for supporting software
freedom!