Backdrop CMS is Conservancy’s Newest Member Project

Software Freedom Conservancy info at sfconservancy.org
Tue May 8 18:47:46 UTC 2018

Software Freedom Conservancy is excited to announce that Backdrop CMS
has joined as its newest member project. Backdrop CMS is a lightweight
content management system for small to medium sized businesses and
non-profits.

Backdrop CMS best serves the kinds of organizations that need complex
functionality, on a budget. Smaller organizations deserve a tool built
especially for their changing and particular needs. Backdrop CMS is
committed to providing that service by leveraging the flexibility and
collaborative nature of free and open source software.

Conservancy, a public charity focused on ethical technology, is home to
over forty member projects dedicated to developing and promoting free
and open source software. Conservancy acts as a corporate umbrella,
allowing member projects to operate as charitable initiatives without
having to manage their own corporate structure and administrative services.

“Conservancy’s commitment to smaller projects, non-profits, and
educational efforts mirrors our own audience. We’re looking forward to
working with them.” said Jen Lampton, Backdrop CMS Co-founder and Senior
Developer.

“Backdrop CMS fills an important niche in the content management system
space and we love their commitment to free software and usability.” said
Karen M. Sandler, Conservancy’s Executive Director. “We’re looking
forward to supporting them as they continue building an important tool
to empower small organizations.”

Links:
  <https://backdropcms.org/>