Announcing the Second Annual CopyleftConf!

Deb Nicholson deb at sfconservancy.org
Thu Oct 10 19:24:44 UTC 2019

Last year’s event was the first ever CopyleftConf.
<https://sfconservancy.org/news/2018/apr/30/copyleft-conf/> It was great
<https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2019/feb/22/1stCopyleftConf/>! We have
some videos up <https://2020.copyleftconf.org/video> and more are
coming. Also, our call for proposals is open now
<https://2020.copyleftconf.org/cfp>, through the end of the month — we’d
love to hear from you.

The response was really positive and we’re looking forward to putting on
a fantastic 2020 event. Because last year’s event was so well attended,
we’ve gotten a larger venue for this year.
<https://www.tricoterie.be/fr/?lang=en>

Participants from throughout the copyleft world — developers,
strategists, enforcement organizations, scholars and critics — will be
welcomed for an in-depth, high bandwidth, and expert-level discussion
about the day-to-day details of using copyleft licensing, obstacles
facing copyleft and the future of copyleft as a strategy to advance and
defend software freedom for users and developers around the world.

The event will provide a friendly and safe place for discussion of
copyleft as a key strategy for defending software freedom.

Conservancy encourages everyone to save the date of Monday 3 February
2020 in Brussels, Belgium for this second CopyleftConf. We’ve chosen the
date and location to ease travel for those already attending FOSDEM the
weekend preceding CopyleftConf.

        Important Dates

  * October 10th, 2019: CFP opens
  * November 3rd, 2019: CFP submission deadline
  * November 22nd, 2019: Conference schedule announced
  * February 3rd, 2020: Conference happens!

Watch Conservancy’s RSS feeds <https://sfconservancy.org/feeds/omnibus/>
for CopyleftConf announcements as those dates approach!

​