Generous Match Challenge from Individual Conservancy Supporters for Annual Fundraiser

Software Freedom Conservancy info at sfconservancy.org
Tue Nov 24 18:23:22 UTC 2020

https://sfconservancy.org/news/2020/nov/24/annual-match-2020/

Generous Match Challenge from Individual Conservancy Supporters for
Annual Fundraiser

We are pleased to launch our annual fundraiser today with a match
challenge of $111,029. This match is extremely exciting (not only
because it is a prime number for the second year but also) because the
pledges comes entirely from individuals (not companies!) who care deeply
about software freedom. The bulk of this match challenge was provided by
one very generous donor who prefers to remain anonymous. Their amount
was augmented by six Conservancy Supporters (listed alphabetically) who
came together to increase the match even more: Jeremy Allison, Kevin P.
Fleming, Roan Kattouw, Jim McDonough, Allison Randal and Daniel Vetter.
You'll be hearing more about why they joined this year's match donation
in interviews on our blog in the coming weeks.

Sign up as a Supporter now or renew your Support by January 15th and
have your donation count twice!
https://sfconservancy.org/supporter/

This year's been difficult for everyone, but Conservancy has worked hard
to contribute as much as possible during this time. Did you know that
Conservancy spent about $1.5 million dollars to fund software freedom
projects and initiatives? And, that Outreachy provided the most
internships this past year than ever before? And, that we've launched
new strategic efforts to defend copyleft for software in our community?
Read more about Conservancy's work and accomplishments over the past
year on our Supporter page (https://sfconservancy.org/supporter/
).