Fundraising match goal reached (and surpassed) in record time

Daniel Pono Takamori pono at sfconservancy.org
Thu Jan 6 20:44:10 UTC 2022

    Fundraising match goal reached (and surpassed) in record time!

Links to social media:
  https://mastodon.technology/@conservancy/107577457239230260
  https://twitter.com/conservancy/status/1479191562357645312

We're amazed and humbled to announce that, thanks to an unprecedented
outpouring of support, Software Freedom Conservancy has already
surpassed this year's match challenge. Despite the goal being the most
ambitious one yet, this is the fastest we've ever reached this
milestone. Donations are continuing to come in. As the number creeps
higher as we near our fundraiser end date of January 15, we believe that
each dollar above our goal sends this message loud and clear: pursuing
software freedom is an important goal for our society.

We are proud of our sustainers and donors who, even during this
difficult time, have contributed towards our work. We are so excited to
continue doing the important work like what we accomplished in the past
year:

  Diversity and outreach efforts [0]

  Raising, administering, and facilitating $1.7 million [1] to directly
    fund free software development

  Continuing to stand up for copyleft, like we are doing in our newest
    lawsuit against longtime license violator Vizio [2]

It is our incredible pleasure to be funded by people like you so that we
can remain unbeholden to corporate interests and pursue software freedom
for all above all else. Whether donors gave $31, $127 or $10,004, every
single dollar makes a huge difference. With this historic match
challenge completed, we're excited to go into this new year with the
support of you all.

Thank you so much for contributing and let's see which prime number we
will hit in the next 10 days! Donate here [3]

[0] - https://outreachy.org
[1] - https://sfconservancy.org/sustainer/#Highlights
[2] - https://sfconservancy.org/vizio
[3] - https://sfconservancy.org/donate