2023 Fundraiser Kicks Off With Historic $161,729 Match Fund!

Software Freedom Conservancy info at sfconservancy.org
Tue Nov 21 22:35:26 UTC 2023

      2023 Fundraiser Kicks Off With Historic $161,729 Match Fund!
    Double your contribution to software freedom before January 15th

Social media:
  https://social.sfconservancy.org/notice/Ac2r0NVlWAT8hqIfVA
  https://x.com/conservancy/status/1727091506048291176

We at Software Freedom Conservancy are proud to be supported by
individuals who find the mission of providing ethical technology for all
worth investing in. Your support is what lets us develop free and open
source alternatives to proprietary technologies like being the home to
Inkscape [0], OpenWrt [1], Git [2] and many others, support copyleft
compliance [3], and run Outreachy [4], which just hosted its 1000th
intern this year! It's the continued support of individuals which
enables our work to protect us all from incursion of our digital rights
and freedoms.

Our annual match drive of an historic $161,729 is provided this year by
a group of passionate individual donors, giving all different levels of
support to make sure we can continue to achieve our mission. For every
dollar you give during the match challenge period and up to that overall
amount, they will match to make your contributions to software freedom
double! Over the next few weeks we'll be talking with some of our
matchers like: Alison Chaiken, Ben Kero, Vipul Siddharth, Lucy and Eli
Voigt, and Justin Vreeland, to see what they are most excited about our
work and the future of software freedom.

This has been an exciting year for our organization, from hiring new
staff, to running the first FOSSY conference, to seeing our projects
continue to grow and develop. You can read all about this years exciting
developments on our Year In Review page [5].

We urge you to become a Sustainer [6], renew your existing membership
or donate [7] before January 15th to maximize your contribution to
furthering the goals of software freedom!

[0] https://inkscape.org/
[1] https://openwrt.org/
[2] https://git-scm.org/
[3] https://sfconservancy.org/copyleft-compliance/