FOSSY is back in Portland - August 1-4th at Portland State University

Software Freedom Conservancy info at sfconservancy.org
Thu Mar 28 20:21:40 UTC 2024

  FOSSY is back in Portland - August 1-4th at Portland State University

url: https://sfconservancy.org/news/2024/mar/28/fossy-2024/

Social Media:
  https://social.sfconservancy.org/notice/AgJzM4zu6rCaMjLwRc
  https://x.com/conservancy/status/1773444538109170131

Join us at FOSSY [0] this year, Thursday August 1st - Sunday August 4th
at the Portland State University Smith Memorial Student Union. We're
looking forward to convening another conference that shows the multiple
facets of what it means to work with, advocate for, and build free
software in community. Last year we had over 300 attendees from over 10
countries! There was an incredible diversity of community led tracks,
covering FOSS for Education, Right to Repair, Worker-Owner Co-ops that
write and use FOSS, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and FOSS, to
name a few. This year we hope to see a return of some of the great
tracks and ideas that inspired us and an introduction of new tracks. If
you would like to host a track, please consider applying to our
community track proposals [1]. We will be hosting office hours at 19:00
UTC on Tuesdays and Thursdays on our XMPP/ IRC channel [2] if you would
like to chat with someone about your proposal.

Please help us make the event a success by sponsoring at one of our tree
themed tiers (Giant Sequoia, Redwood, Douglas Fir) or by providing
coffee, transit, or A/V. If you or your organization would like more
information here is our sponsorship prospectus [3] or you can contact us
at conference at sfconservancy.org for more information.

Come join us for what we hope will be a beautiful summer weekend in
Portland, OR, packed with community led discussions about what the
future of free software looks like. We can't wait to see you there, so
mark your calendars!

[0] https://fossy.us/
[1] https://sfconservancy.org/fossy/community-tracks/
[2] https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2021/jun/21/chat-options/