[FOSSY-attendees] See you soon at FOSSY!

FOSSY Organizers conference at sfconservancy.org
Mon Jul 10 22:43:32 UTC 2023

Thank you so much for registering for FOSSY! We're so excited to be building
a new event with all of you, and are so thankful for the opportunity to host
and share space to build community. With 4 days of tracks there will be
plenty of time for connecting with people from all spheres of free software.
Below is some information for you before the event:

- As you know, we are a small non-profit working on our first ever full
conference and we're relying heavily on volunteers - feel free to let us
know when you register or shoot us an email if you'd like to help out! .
We're so grateful for everyone who is stepping up to help make this a
success.

- We've done our best to provide a space that is welcoming and accessible to
our attendees. You can find our Code of Conduct [0] and Health and Safety
Policy [1] that you should review before attending. We'll indicate our Code
of Conduct team each day, so you know who and how you can get in touch with
them if you need  (if all goes to plan, they'll be in turquoise hats during
the conference).

- Masks are required at the event when you are not drinking, presenting
outside, or have a medical condition preventing you from wearing one or
communicating with someone who is hearing impaired and requires visual
queues [3]. They will be provided at the registration desk and elsewhere
during the conference, if you aren't able to bring your own.

- Portland is redoing the stretch of the light rail between the airport and
the Gateway / 99th Transit Center. There are shuttles that will take you
from the airport to the Gateway Transit Center, but expect some delays
compared to normal Max service [4].

- There is the light rail that drops off at the Convention Center, and a few
buses nearby. If you are driving to the event you can find parking
information [5] Just note that overnight parking is prohibited

- Registration will begin at 10:30 on Thursday and 8:30 the following days
outside the ballroom above the E block rooms. You can use the Ginkoberry
entrance on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd the east side [3]. Once you've
registered you can head across the street for lunch at Spirit of 77 (you'll
need your badge for lunches and the social event Thursday night). Lunch will
be from 11:30-1:15 and the opening address will be in the ballroom at 1:45pm
(Friday's lunch will be a breakfast buffet in case it impacts what you eat
Friday morning!).

- We will have a conference photographer taking pictures during the event,
and of course some attendees may be taking pictures of their own.  If you do
not want to be photographed, please choose a red lanyard at registration to
indicate that. If taking pictures, please watch out for those red lanyards,
and respect them as well as anyone's otherwise expressed preference to not
be photographed.

- WiFi will be available at the convention center, and supports WPA2 without
a captive portal. You'll find the connection information on the schedule, at
the registration desk and near the conference rooms.

- You will be able to pick up a printed schedule for each day at the
registration desk and outside the conference rooms. The conference schedule
is also on the free apps Giggity [6] and Confy [7]

- Thursday night we will be hosting a social for all attendees from 7-10pm
at Punch Bowl Social Portland, 340 SW Morrison St Suite 4305, Portland, OR
97204 which is a quick ~15 minute Max ride from the convention center. We
are providing light snacks, and the bar will be open to purchase your choice
of beverages. There will be all kind of games like bowling, ping pong, giant
Scrabble, darts, shuffle board and karaoke! There is limited outdoor space,
and we'll request people wear masks while not eating and drinking inside. We
are trying to be as health conscious as we can be

- Other social events and information are listed [8]

- Follow @conservancy at social.sfconservancy.org [9] and the hastag #FOSSY for
conference updates via social media

- There is also a conference IRC channel #fossy on libera.chat that will be
bridged to our XMPP server [10]

- While we really would like people to register ASAP so we can plan lunches,
it's not too late to attend the conference, feel free to bring any last
minute friends or colleagues.

Thanks for your support and we're excited to meet you all!
-FOSSY Organizing Team

PS: This list will just be used by the conference organizers to send
informational emails. The list does not let other mail through, and the
reply-to has been set to conference at sfconservancy.org so you can get ahold
of us.

[0] https://2023.fossy.us/attend/code-of-conduct/
[1] https://2023.fossy.us/attend/health-and-safety/