markdown version conflict

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Thu Aug 28 08:04:13 EDT 2014

Hi Neal,

On 28 August 2014 13:52, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But it doesn't work, because I already have a newer version of markdown

> pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (Markdown 2.3.1
> (/home/nbecker/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages),
> Requirement.parse('markdown==2.2.1'))

>From my experience, most of the libraries we use can be safely
upgraded (and dependencies changed from == to >=), but we don't yet do
it officially, as we need to be sure nothing breaks for our users.
Once we're able to determine the versions safe to use, and
automatically test that, we'll make the dependencies less strict.
Jelmer Vernooij is already working on that.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew