VALS Semester of Code

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Wed Sep 10 03:22:22 EDT 2014

Hello,

As most of people probably haven't noticed, there's a programme out
there called VALS Semester of Code. The idea is right the same as with
Google Summer of Code, but students are paid back withuniversity
credits. Hence less people are interested, probably — as far as I know,
non-EU students can't apply, and I'm not sure students of which
universities can (only of those which are partners of the programme?
any of them? I couldn't yet find the answer). Anyway, participating in
this programme probably doesn't hurt us, but would help us to formulate
so tasks we need to do anyway, which is good for us :)

Last night I followed a manual and have set up an account for Kallithea
there, and also sent Mads as invitation to join as a project
administrator.

Now the problem is that the deadline for project ideas submission is
September 12, 2014. So we need to formulate these project ideas before that date.