Explicitly aiming for Kallithea adoption amongst some significant Python user communities?

Paul Nathan pnathan at alumni.uidaho.edu
Sun Dec 7 17:10:13 EST 2014

(ack, forgot to reply-all the list)

Nick,

I'm not a developer or someone who supports Kallithea at my day job, just
an interested kibitzer who wants to implement it sometime.  I would remark
on a few things though:

0. OpenID integration would be awesome.
1. Test before merge should be something that is considered (c.f.,
https://blogs.janestreet.com/making-never-break-the-build-scale/ for
discussion here). After working in a few shops, I have to say that a
workflow & system that has the "pushed but not confirmed integrated" is a
better approach than the "merge and push" out of the box behavior we get
with git/hg.
2. Integration with Jenkins over Buildbot?- Jenkins is kind of the broad
standard.
3. Gerrit's "difference between pushes" is nice, but the squash-centric
workflow is, ahem, something that I simply can't get behind - it's a net
negative, afaict. I also found the refs/for/target system broadly
distasteful (fine, I found Gerrit distasteful, period, vs Kiln, Bitbucket,
SSH/file based systems, or GitHub  ;) ).

Can you expand on the OpenStack/Zuul system? I'm not familiar with it, and
nuances would undoubtably escape a quick survey of mine via wikipedia or
the docs.