kallithea documentation and references to version numbers

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Tue Jan 13 20:18:53 EST 2015

On 01/13/2015 09:04 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current documentation, available at
> http://kallithea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/, sometimes contains
> references like [1]:
>
> - Starting from Kallithea version 1.2 ...
> - From version 1.4 Kallithea ...
>
> but these version numbers are not valid Kallithea references, but they
> are inherited from our ancestors.
>
> How should we handle such cases?

Yes, that is wrong.

I think we should enjoy that Kallithea is starting "now" and doesn't
have any history. We should remove such references to the past from the
documentation. We should however also make it more clear how to upgrade
from RhodeCode.

The documentation could also benefit from more basic proof reading from
someone proficient in English/American.

Other improvements of the content or structure of the documentation
would also be appreciated. But please keep iterations short so we avoid
conflicts.