new commits to Kallithea should be sent to the mailing list

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sat Jan 24 23:47:12 EST 2015

On 01/24/2015 09:25 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, new commits on the Kallithea project silently end up in
> Bitbucket. In order for users to become aware of such changes and to
> create an active community, I believe a mail notification of these
> commits should be sent to the mailing list.
>
> I would prefer one mail per commit, but an alternate style is how
> Mercurial does it: one mail per bunch of commits.
>
> What do you think?

I think I agree. Andrew, will you please configure a notify hook on the
kallithea-scm.org server?

We currently use Bitbucket for most pull request. I would suggest
watching our project there and subscribing to "everything" already when
it is suggested for inclusion. I would love to get more feedback on PRs
before we push them.

It would of course be great if Kallithea could be completely
"self-hosted" for the whole workflow. That might however not be top
priority for most of the Kallithea contributors who are implementing /
supporting different work flows for proprietary software development.