discussion on issue #77 (review icon position for in-line code comments)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 15:38:34 EST 2015

Hi,

This mail thread is a continued discussion of issue #77
(in-line review icon/button should also appear when hovering over the
line number) [1]

The problem statement: if I place my mouse at the location where the
review icon normally appears, I expect it to appear.

Currently, this is not the case, as the icon is outside of the area
that triggers the icon to appear.
My requirement is thus:
a. the area containing the icon should be a hotspot that causes the
icon to appear.

Mads already hinted on some other requirements:
b. we don't want the icon to overlap with the code
c. the clickable area should be larger than the icon itself to make it
more easy to hit it.
d. we don't want to reserve additional dedicated space
e. we want to be able to link to a given code line

Your proposals are very welcome.

Thanks,
Thomas

[1] https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/77/in-line-review-icon-button-should-also