commit fab4e18432bae0f11a9ed3d5c682c2442d2ef007 breaks pull request updates

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Jan 28 07:15:15 EST 2015

On 01/28/2015 12:12 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi Mads,
>

>> I can promise that your use case will keep working in the future if you add
>> test coverage for it ;-)
> Is there any coverage already related to pull requests and possibly
> pull request updates? I don't see any.
> It would indeed be much better to have all this tested, but without a
> good example I'm a bit at lost here.

I think you are right that there not is any test coverage of this area.

The existing tests use a unittest framework but it is not unittests at
all. That makes it a bit painful to maintain. Still, it is better than
nothing ... if we have tests.

I guess a test would have to build a hg repo with the right structure,
invoke Kallithea, and verify that the html output has the expected content.

There is also
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-request/33/add-first-robotframework-pullrequest-test
. It is even more high level and more "realistic"  but probably also
slower ... and it doesn't work when I try to use it.