feature request: partial-context diff

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:31:34 EST 2015

Hi Jamie,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Jamie Peabody <jamie.peabody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Kallithea looks cool, and I saw the Mergely integration that was done there.
> Looks good.  It should be possible to do it with folding.  It might not be
> too difficult.  I am rather busy right now - but if someone wants to have a
> go at it, I will give my assistance and support.

I had a brief look at the codemirror code and manual, and I see two
potentially useful things:
- doc.markText(from: {line, ch}, to: {line, ch}, ?options: object) → TextMarker
  which has a 'collapsed' property.
  From how I understand it, one should be able to create a marker
between two lines and collapse it.
  http://codemirror.net/doc/manual.html#api_marker

- the codefold add-on (http://codemirror.net/doc/manual.html#addon_foldcode)
  although this may be less suitable in this case.

Is this more or less what you had in mind?

How to find out which lines are suitable for collapsing, from mergely?
And how/where should one start hooking this into mergely?

Thanks,
Thomas