Commits from Unity to mainline

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:47:19 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
> On 02/19/2015 11:13 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>>
>> On 18 February 2015 at 13:14, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What do others say; would you like to have the "don't add repo owner as
>>> reviewer in all PRs" change in Kallithea?
>>
>> While we're still in the early stages of a comparison between
>> Kallithea & Phabricator,
>

> I haven't looked at Phrabricator but it is my impression that we could get a
> lot of inspiration there. No matter what you end up with, I hope you will
> share the pros and cons.

We are also evaluating phabricator for the review aspect
(Differential) and my biggest problem with this tool is that it does
not properly support separate commits. When sending a review for
multiple commits, I want to see each of them individually in one
'review request'. But this is not possible in Phabricator.

See also https://secure.phabricator.com/T7316 and the referenced 2012
thread https://secure.phabricator.com/T1508.

Of all the tools we have looked at (Crucible, Phabricator,
CodeCollaborator, reviewboard, Kallithea), only Kallithea properly
supports per-commit review, with a mercurial backend.