contribution path

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sat Mar 14 08:41:57 EDT 2015

On 03/14/2015 12:14 AM, Paul Nathan wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'd like to occasionally fix Kallithea bugs. I love the project and
> have followed it for the past few years.
>
> In order to do help out, I should (1) find bugs that are small
> (because I am a part timer and a newbie)! and be able to stand up a
> Kallithea easily(2)! And have a source code map to where is what(3) -
> though those things tend to get outdated awfully fast.
>
> etc.
>
> If there is no current way to do 2, may I suggest a Vagrant
> configuration? I have stood them up before and they are a nice way to
> get a dev environment.

http://docs.kallithea-scm.org/en/latest/contributing.html#getting-started gives
simple instructions on how to get Kallithea up and running in a virtualenv.

It would be nice if we also could make it easy to make development and
production setups with vagrant / docker / salt / etc. That could perhaps
be a "bug" you could fix? ;-)