contribution path

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:09:02 EDT 2015

Hi Paul,

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:14 AM, Paul Nathan <pnathan at alumni.uidaho.edu> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'd like to occasionally fix Kallithea bugs. I love the project and have
> followed it for the past few years.

Great to hear, thanks for your offer on contributing!

> In order to do help out, I should (1) find bugs that are small (because I am
> a part timer and a newbie)! and be able to stand up a Kallithea easily(2)!
> And have a source code map to where is what(3) - though those things tend to
> get outdated awfully fast.

(1) Have a look at the currently reported issues:
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues?status=new&status=open

Depending on your skills (Python, HTML, Javascript, ...) here are some
suggestions of issues that shouldn't be too hard to fix:
- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/108/notification-number
: the fact that certain counts like comment count in pull requests,
and number of notifications, are not properly updated on certain AJAX
actions

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/105/comment-handling-e-mail-link-to-specific
: a problem that was supposed to be fixed already but seems regressed
due to a browser change? Or something else going on?

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/104/redirects-for-logins-should-remember-get

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/84/compare-revisions-in-line-comment-icon

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/82/code-comments-ability-to-edit-comments

Slightly larger projects:

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/70/pull-requests-allow-to-specify-a-revision

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/17/changeset-page-needs-to-be-improved

- https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/81/diff-view-copy-code-improvements

(3) See mail thread:
http://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/2015q1/000160.html

It is not a complete source code map but could help you in getting started.

Best regards,
Thomas