pytest adoption: current status

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 15:55:16 EDT 2015

Hi,

We're one third down the pytest adoption month, so time to see how far we are.

Marc Abramowitz dove in and started sending a number of pull requests
to allow py.test to replace nosetests. First of all a big thanks to
Marc for that, it's highly appreciated!
Some of these pull requests have already been merged, the remaining one is:
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/pull-request/118/make-kallithea-tests-models-work-w-pytest
but needs rebasing now. This pull request is supposed to handle all
tests in kallithea/tests/models.

What are the remaining steps to get pytest integrated?
Marc: have you noticed other problems already in the other tests?

I haven't seen feedback on the mailing list from the two other pytest
volunteers. It would be great to hear from you!
In fact, I only know two of the volunteer names: Marc Abramowitz and
Ronny Pfannschmidt. The third person is supposed to be Ian, but I have
no more details here.

In this stage where pytest integration itself is tackled, we should
avoid doing duplicate work, so some coordination is probably useful.
In case you weren't aware, I added a wiki page:
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/TestingImprovements
Feel free to use this page and/or the mailing list to coordinate efforts.

Thanks,
Thomas