feature request: partial-context diff

Jamie Peabody jamie.peabody at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:04:01 EDT 2015

Hi Sam,

I haven't done any work on this.

It is not function that returns "equals".  The unchanged lines would be the
inverse of the changed lines.  My gut-feeling approach would be to extend
this loop at 1195
<https://github.com/wickedest/Mergely/blob/master/lib/mergely.js#L1195> to
also add "equal" changes (the opposite of changed).  E.g. if I had a doc
with 100 lines, and deleted one line at 50, then my list of changes would
be the lhr and rhs changes, plus marking text inverse the change:

marktext.push([led, {line:0, ch:0}, {line:49, ch:to_ln.text.length}, {
*collapsed*: true}]);
marktext.push([led, {line:51, ch:0}, {line:99, ch:to_ln.text.length}, {
*collapsed*: true}]);

Make sense?  It's worth a go, even just to see if it's the right strategy.

Jamie