Example of test failure output with pytest

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:18:14 EDT 2015

On 14 May 2015 at 00:39, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
> Some pytest feedback:
> I'm sorry for being lazy and not approaching upstream, but it is so
> appealing to talk directly to the friendly ambassadors ;-)

I think that is exactly what we are for :)

> 2. I would expect to be able to run 'py.test
> TestHomeController.test_index_with_anonymous_access_disabled' to rerun the
> failure. But I can't. A quick look at py.test -h tells me that it wants a
> filename but doesn't give any hint I can use directly.

So what you want here is  -k. e.g.

py.test -k 'TestHomeController.test_index_with_anonymous_access_disabled'

-k will match on any part of the file name, class name,
method/function name, and also any marks (which I suspect you are not
using yet).

Likely you can just use

py.test -k 'test_index_with_anonymous_access_disabled'

or even just

py.test -k 'anonymous'

(although of course there might be other tests that get picked up by this)

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/