Issue #133: NTLM authentification issue (conservancy/kallithea)

Samuel Delisle issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu May 14 16:12:20 EDT 2015

New issue 133: NTLM authentification issue
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issue/133/ntlm-authentification-issue

Samuel Delisle:

Kallithea seems unable to send outgoing emails using ntlm authentification.

The login returns an `SMTPException: No suitable authentification method found.` error,

This is Kallithea 0.2.1 running on Ubuntu server. The python-ntlm module is installed and appears under Kallithea's system info page. Our Exchange mail server only allows ntlm as authentification.

I did some snooping around and [this](https://github.com/xulz/python-ntlm/blob/master/smtp.py) looks like a nice example that uses python-ntlm. My very limited python knowledge prevent me from doing much with it, though.