Making pytest the standard test suite (instead of nose)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:50:19 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Brianna Laugher
> <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...And you don't get failures from running
>> KALLITHEA_WHOOSH_TEST_DISABLE=1 KALLITHEA_NO_TMP_PATH=1 nosetests
>> kallithea/tests/functional/
>> ? Because I do.
>>
>> Ran 383 tests in 125.998s
>> FAILED (SKIP=5, errors=10, failures=19)
>>
>> I put some print statements into load_environment and it looks to me that
>> running under pytest, it is respecting those settings.
>
> Hmm, indeed, I also see failures with nose.
> Is it because we're passing an explicit limited test set?
> Has something changed since before? I'll check it out on 0.1 soon...

Confirmed failing too on Kallithea.
I guess this is due to passing a limited set of tests, since running
without arguments works fine.

Although this shouldn't block pytest adoption, it would be great if
this can be fixed at some point.

Best regards,
Thomas