repository caching

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Tue Sep 1 17:55:09 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I was reading kallithea/model/db.py and trying to understand what
Repository.update_changeset_cache does. It seems, it gets the last
changeset from the repository, and if it's the same cache thinks it is,
it does nothing, otherwise it updates the database. Is getting the last
changeset really such an expensive operation we want to do rarely? It
seems to me that this sort of caching is doing more harm than good. We
should probably call update_changeset_cache more often or, maybe, call
it every time we access the changeset cache, so any inconsistencies are
detected immediately.

What do you think about it?

--
Cheers,