setup.py issues a warning

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Wed Sep 23 07:48:57 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I tried to install the latest Kallithea (stable branch) into a
virtualenv, and noticed it doesn't work anymore for me. I created a new
virtualenv from scratch (see logs):

(env)$ ./setup.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown
distribution option: 'message_extractors'
  warnings.warn(msg)
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
   or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: setup.py --help-commands
   or: setup.py cmd --help

error: no commands supplied
(env)$

Older virtualenv I created previously still works as expected; I can't
reproduce the issue outside of the virtualenv either.

I tested this on two machines, with Debian and Ubuntu, and the result is
the same. It is also the same with 0.2.2.

Any idea what's wrong?

--
Cheers,
  Andrew