Use semantic versioning

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Sep 23 16:26:32 UTC 2015

On 09/23/2015 06:19 PM, Robert Rauch wrote:
> I was wondering about the version bump in the latest Kallithea 0.2.9
> release. Many people (including myself) are accustomed to 'Semantic
> Versioning' (see http://semver.org/), maybe Kallithea should use that as
> well.

Yes, we only use the odd "beta" number because our setup.py makes bogus
assumptions, pypi versioning seems "different" especially for beta
releases, pypi seems to make it possible to make unauthenticated "DoS"
by reserving release names, and the pypi test instance apparently
doesn't work - updates to it goes directly to the main pypi.

I would love to get it fixed but I don't have time to do it before the
0.3 release. Patches from someone with experience in that area would be
appreciated ;-)