Setting up a Jenkins notify webhook using rcextensions?

Robert Rauch robert.rauch at gns-systems.de
Wed Sep 23 22:52:11 UTC 2015

Am 23.09.2015 um 22:05 schrieb moparisthebest:
> Here is my jenkins hook if it's of any help to you:
> https://github.com/moparisthebest/kallithea-hooks/blob/master/rcextensions/__init__.py
In fact, that was my main source of inspiration for starting to work on
my own hook, which is basically a fragment of your hook.

I now figured out that my interpretation of "the `logger.info(...)`
messages don't occur in Kallitheas logs" as "the hook did not execute at
all" was simply wrong. In fact, the hook *got executed* and its output
showed up on the VCS client side, e.g. in the output of `git push`:

    remote: No handlers could be found for logger "rc"

Although I do not understand what's going on behind the scenes, I now
learned that replacing the `logger.info` statements by simple `print`
statements outputs correctly to the client. That essentially solves my
problem, but I would also be interested in how to write to the Kallithea
server side logs from within rcextensions. Any ideas?

Robert