Status update: CPython, Kallithea, & GitLab

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 01:00:09 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Some time back I posted here regarding CPython's evaluation of our
options for repository hosting:
http://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/kallithea-general/2014q4/000060.html

Originally, this was a comparison between my proposal for a Kallithea
based solution, and an alternative proposal for a GitHub+Phabricator
based solution.

More recently however, Barry Warsaw suggested GitLab as a commercially
supported open source option:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0507/

I think Barry's proposal is a better fit for our needs than a
self-supported Kallithea based solution, so I wanted to let the
Kallithea community know directly that I've withdrawn my Kallithea
based proposals:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/core-workflow/2015-October/000227.html

Thanks for all your work on Kallithea folks, and sorry I wasn't able
to find the necessary time to help grow your community!

Regards,
Nick.