Huge mirror clone timeout

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 06:44:16 UTC 2015

On Nov 6, 2015 02:54, "Mads Kiilerich" <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:

> On 10/29/2015 04:06 PM, Louis-David A. Coulombe wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an issue creating a mirror repository of an external repository.
The remote repository is huge and I think Kallithea times out (as I saw in
the log files) before the clone is finished.

> Is it timing out while transmitting data? Or is it sitting idle (high cpu
load) and hasn't really sent any data?

>> Do you have any idea how I can increase the timeout or a workaround this
issue?

> Kallithea itself doesn't have any timeouts. It must be a setting in the
web server or some network component.

I think I have seen such timeouts too, but IIRC they are timeouts on the
web page after the request, are you sure the clone is not continuing in the
background?

Also, using celery will cause the cloning to happen asynchronously with the
web request and is more graceful here.

/Thomas