SV: SV: Bug in MySQL code?

Lars Skjærlund las at dbc.dk
Thu Nov 19 07:57:23 UTC 2015

Well - if you don't use Unicode, I wouldn't expect you to have any problems with Unicode. :-)

Reverting to use ASCII characters only might be an option for English-speaking people - but we're Danish and have some interesting letters in our alphabet: For us, avoiding Unicode-characters is not an option - if Kallithea cannot handle it, we will stop using Kallithea and find another software that's a bit more up-to-date.

The problem is increased for us as we're using Active Directory for access management: Kallithea fetches usernames from AD - and those usernames are, of course, using Unicode and have a healthy selection of the special Danish letters. Renaming all our 250+ users to ASCII characters for the benefit of Kallithea isn't an option.

After all, Microsoft has been using Unicode in Active Directory - and Windows - for more than 20 years - why should we still have to fight these problems today?

Med venlig hilsen
Lars Skjærlund
DevOps
Tlf.: 44 86 77 77