Issue #181: notifications: spam: user receive their own notifications in the notification area (conservancy/kallithea)

Long Vu issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Dec 18 19:22:39 UTC 2015

New issue 181: notifications: spam: user receive their own notifications in the notification area
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/181/notifications-spam-user-receive-their-own

Long Vu:

Kallithea 0.3

Mouse hover the top right corner where the user name is, user see "Notifications: ##".  Click on that and user see the list of notifications, including his own notifs (create changeset comment, create pr comment, add new pr).

This is pure spam for the current user.  The current user already know what he/she did.

The user is more interested in knowing what over activities happened since the last time he/she logged on.

I think there is still probably a good reason to show notif generated by the current user, in case the current user actually is a shared login but we should definitively have a way to filter/hide these self notifications.