Login not working when load balancing over multiple Kallithea Instances

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Tue Jan 12 23:17:33 UTC 2016

On 01/12/2016 11:41 PM, Robert Rauch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been experimenting with scaling Kallithea horizontally as
> described at
> http://kallithea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/usage/performance.html#performance
> Everything is fine, however I cannot login into my 'Kallithea Cluster'...
>
> I set up two Kallithea instances with shared repos/ and data/ dirs and
> unique instance_ids. I'm using HAProxy as a reverse proxy, the
> relevant listen stanza is given by

> It seems that the admin User has been successfully authenticated (at
> node2), but then after being redirected (?) to the root URL we are
> authenticated as an anonymous user again. Whats the problem?

Are the config files completely the same except instance_id - including
beaker.session.secret?

Otherwise I guess it perhaps can be the cross site request forgery
protection that somehow interferes.

It might for this and other reasons be a good idea to configure haproxy
to be "sticky" and always forward requests from a client to the same
server - for example based on IP or cookies.