[Added] kallithea pull request #29 from pytest_migration

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Mon Feb 15 17:54:59 UTC 2016

On 02/15/2016 11:57 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2016 11:46 PM, "Mads Kiilerich" <mads at kiilerich.com
> <mailto:mads at kiilerich.com>> wrote:
> said

> designate one
> only
> it can be
> can be

> make it very
> belong to. Do
> changes ;-)
> >>
> >> Now this set of changes are merged (thanks!) I'm now facing the first
> >> annoying thing about the named branch approach: assuming I will reuse
> >> the same branch for more pytest changes, I now need to add a merge
> >> with the default branch to avoid divergence (during the integration to
> >> default there may have been some fixups by Mads).
> >

> > Why do need to merge? You can either restart the branch from
> 'default', or rebase the branch to default with --keepbranches.
>
> But what will happen when I push to kallithea-incoming with such a
> moved branch? It also requires changeset evolution, right?

I expect the shared kallithea-incoming to become a mess. There is no
point in keeping it tidy as long as everybody knows how to find their
own changes. With named branches (or bookmarks) that should be easy.
Thus, I don't care about whether rebased changes are marked as rebased
there or not.

However, if you use evolve, it will mark the changesets as evolved, no
matter if they are on a custom named branch or just bookmarked?