Fwd: Error when registering a user with a non ASCII character

Angel Ezquerra angel.ezquerra at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:37:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Angel Ezquerra
> <angel.ezquerra at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That is on the stable branch? I think I solved that on the default branch in
>>> https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea/changeset/330c671dd451#kallitheamodeluserpy_o194
>>> . Can you test and confirm that? Then I will put just that part of the
>>> change on the stable branch.
>>>
>>> (We use the default branch in production.)
>>>
>>> /Mads
>>
>> Mads,
>>
>> what is the best way to use a non released kallithea version?
>> Currently I have Kallithea 0.3 which I installed via pip. Can I simply
>> take the site-packages/kallithea directory that pip installed and
>> replace it with the kallithea source code repo? Can I then simply
>> update the repo to the head of default? Won't there be any problems
>> with any of the dependencies?
>>

> The recommended installation method is described here:
> http://kallithea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html
> The title says 'Unix/Linux' but in fact I think the principle should
> be the same in Windows.
>
> (change stable to default)
>
> hg clone https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea -u stable
> cd kallithea
> virtualenv ../kallithea-venv
> source ../kallithea-venv/bin/activate
> pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
> python2 setup.py develop
> python2 setup.py compile_catalog   # for translation of the UI

I didn't need to do the last two steps when I installed on windows.
The process was quite different (I basically just had to do pip
install kallithea).

> If you already have a virtualenv with kallithea installed via pip, I
> think you should do the following:
> - clone the repo and update to the desired branch

Where should I place the clone? Should it replace my current
site-packages/kallithea directory?

> - from inside your virtualenv, run 'python2 setup.py develop' from the
> kallithea repo.

Can you tell me what does that do?

> - same with compile_catalog
>
> I suggest you try it out first on a test location if you are already
> running in production.

Of course. Thank you!

Angel