Status of tests on Windows

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:26:57 UTC 2016

On Mar 17, 2016 8:07 PM, "Dominik Ruf" <dominikruf at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can see the my jenkins at http://jenkins.dominikruf.com/
> There are 4 build jobs so far.
> 1. main line
> 2. main line with German system settings
> 3. a proxy for your windows build
> 4. my development clone
>
> I plan to add more for example with a mysql DB and celery setup.
> If you have some ideas what should be tested as well let me know.

At work we have started to use the Jenkins Job Dsl plugin:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Job+DSL+Plugin
The core idea is that you describe the entire configuration of your jobs in
a text file using some language. These files can then live in a repository
(thus version control, easy diff, collaboration, ...)
It makes it very easy to create and maintain many jobs via text files
rather than via gui. Moreover, creating a new Jenkins instance is a piece
of cake. You create one initial seed job and point it to your dsl files,
then all other jobs are automatically created.
For example, we may want small variations of jobs, say one for each
relevant locale, each database, each branch (default/stable).
Matrix jobs can do that too, but need to be configured via gui, are much
less flexible, and it is not easy to programmatically supply the input for
the combinations, for example the list of locales available.

/Thomas