Automatic code quality checker

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Wed Mar 23 15:37:26 UTC 2016

On 03/23/2016 03:55 AM, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jan Heylen recently mentioned an automatic python code quality
> checking tool to me:
> https://www.quantifiedcode.com/
>
> It's free, works with bitbucket (as per their faq) and sounds interesting.
>
> What do you think about it, should we try and set it up?

Fine, if someone wants to keep an eye on it and assess the "quality"
metric and upstream fixes it might create/cause.

I guess some would argue that it is bad to use a non-Free service ...
but I think it is OK as long as we don't lock-in to one wendor.

It seems like most of what it provides also could be achieved by running
standard tools like pylint and pyflakes and filter through the noise.
Whatever works ;-)