Turbogears2 migration: test suite

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:09:04 UTC 2016

Hi Alessandro,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Alessandro Molina
<alessandro.molina at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
> <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> url used to come from pylons and is now tg.url.
>> Has the signature changed?
>

> Yep, tg.url and pylons.url are pretty different, tg.url but has no concept
> of controllers or actions as it's not bound to routes.
> Try to use kallithea.lib.base.url in place of pylons.url I added that in a
> past commit to replace pylons.url and should do what you expect.

I just pushed a new commit:
https://bitbucket.org/_amol_/kallithea-tg/commits/6fc68d927062fc8e710002d8bfbb44601ef8206c
which fixes the aforementioned 'url' issue.

I was not able to use kallithea.lib.utils.url because it uses
config['routes.url'] which did not seemed to be available at test
time. Perhaps there is a better solution than the one I implemented,
please suggest.

As reported in another mail, there is an issue with routing after the
introduction of tgext.routes, and I also just detected another issue
in which I fail to make progress. I will send a separate mail for
that.
I updated the wiki page at
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/Turbogears2Migration
to keep track of all issues.