Future plans for DB schema changes

Konstantin Veretennicov kveretennicov at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:07:48 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com> wrote:
> On 05/16/2016 12:02 PM, Dominik Ruf wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I wanted to ask what to future plan for DB schema changes are.
>

> We have very little confidence in the existing database migration
> functionality.
>
> See the roadmap on https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/Home

I've read the Roadmap, but I'm still missing some context.

What exactly is the story with db schema? with migrations? I've been
following Kallithea development for some time and I remember something
about poor normalization and multi-valued fields. But perhaps the
issues are summarized somewhere?

If bad data model holds back new development, all the more reasons to
accelerate fixing it.

--
Konstantin