Issue #222: I see no info about registration at https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea (conservancy/kallithea)

Ian Kelling issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Jun 5 19:06:54 UTC 2016

New issue 222: I see no info about registration at https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea
https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/issues/222/i-see-no-info-about-registration-at-https

Ian Kelling:

It appears to be the obvious place to try out kallithea and contribute, but I can't register, so I'm stuck in read-only mode. The readme does not give explicit information other than "Kallithea is maintained by its users who contribute the fixes they would like to see." And a mailing list and a bug tracker. You've got this nice link of pull requests, implies people should be able to use it. You've got a login ux, which does not have any information about how to register. Registration information should pretty much ALWAYS be part of the login ux, even if it's just a message like "ask on the mailing list", or "there is no public registration for this site." And the kallithea for kallithea should have immediate public registration (ie: a form for anyone to enter their email and join right away), because that option should be supported and it's a good feature to show off on the kallithea kallithea.